not only exhibit nocturnal behavior but also deceptive behavior. The insect has several goals, with the main one being survival. After a home infiltration, the bed bug
immediately gets to work searching for the host’s sleeping area. Bed bugs
tend to stay in close proximity to their host to ensure quick, easy, and safe access to blood meals. As the population continues to grow, the living space becomes overcrowded, forcing the insects to seek shelter outside the mattress, box springs, and bed linen. In this case, the insects live in tiny cracks and crevices in bed frames, furniture, baseboards, floorboards, walls, hardwood, and wardrobes.
Our job is to locate these hiding places, which is oftentimes very challenging. Fortunately, we have a few tricks up our sleeves. We would love to share our search tips with you and other Las Vegas residents. But, first, you need to become familiar with the bed bug’s behavior, common hiding places, feeding habits, life cycle, and reproduction activities.
Locate Bed Bug Hiding Places With Ease Utilizing These Tips And Tricks!
It is not unusual for inexperienced individuals to face issues when searching for bed bug hiding places. This is a complicated process that requires patience and time. If you do not possess either quality, you can take advantage of the tips provided in the content below to drive bed bugs out of their hiding places with ease.
- Stay awake to catch the bed bugs in action. This will not always deliver a successful outcome because bed bugs are fairly smart insects. They detect carbon dioxide emitted from a sleeping human to determine the best time to feed.
- Center your bed in the room to make space for a CO2 trap. This device emits CO2 generated by the human body. The bed bugs will emerge from their hiding places in hopes of scoring a blood meal. But, instead, run into a trap.
- Install adhesive traps around the CO2 trap. When the bed bugs come out of hiding, they will not know what hit them. The bed bugs will get trapped in the adhesive. Once the adhesive trap is filled, you can safely transport it to an outdoor waste bin. This is a great way to eradicate bed bugs without pesticides or insecticides.
- Utilizing a floor steamer, you can drive bed bugs out of hard-to-reach cracks and crevices. Direct the hot steam in the direction of suspicious areas. You will need to wait at least 15 minutes to see bed bug activity. Be patient, the steamer will not work until you locate the area where the insects are hiding.
- Install ceramic heaters around your bed, directing one toward the bed frame and another toward a wall, rotating as needed. Bed bugs are drawn to heat. It may take 15 or 20 minutes for the bed bugs to detect the heat.
- If you discover signs of a bed bug infestation on your bed linen, it is time for a full laundry cycle. Select the maximum temperature setting for both the washer and dryer and timer for 15 minutes. The hot water and air will eradicate the bed bugs in all phases of the live cycle.
CO2 Detector – Know When Bed Bugs Are Nearby
- The CO2 detector is exactly as its name entails. The device can detect bed bugs a short distance away. The insects are drawn to CO2, making the detector a great option when searching for their hiding places.
If you try all of these tips and tricks to no avail, do not hesitate to reach out
to our Las Vegas extermination company.
We utilize bed bug-sniffing canines for difficult cases like yours.